No products in the cart.
It is said and believed that only 40% of your muscles and body mass is developed with a workout regimen. The rest of the 60%, comes from taking a well-rounded and nourishing intake of food. Meals that are rich in essential nutritional requirements like proteins and carbs, are necessary to refuel the body, build muscle mass and burn fat.
Hence, post-workout snacks become one of the most important meals of the body for a fitness freak. If you do not have that fulfills the nutritional needs of your body, it would not matter how long and with how much effort you put in the gym.
But there are plenty of options available out there and for someone who is just starting, choosing the best post-workout snacks can be an intimidating task. Ergo, we bring for you a list of the best 14 Post Workout Snacks, that trainers and dieticians recommend and swear by.
Ideal Post Workout Snacks
1. Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
Healthy, tasty and filling, protein pancakes are the perfect post-workout snack for you. Sweet in flavour and providing high-quality protein, peanut butter pancakes are easy to cook and can be prepared with minimal efforts and in almost no time.
2. Banana Bites
Quick, easy and super simple, these banana bites can be eaten on-the-go and are best for those who are in a rush and do not have time to prepare a meal. With just a couple of ingredients, banana and peanut butter, you get a snack rich in protein, carbs and fats.
A post-workout snack that you can just take out of a container and start eating, almonds are super rich in protein, fibre, and fats. They come in handy as a quick snack that you can carry with you and consume at your convenience.
Also Read: Weight Loss Snacks
4. Sweet Potatoes
Rich in Vitamins and packed with nutrients such as Vitamins B6, C & D, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Fiber, Carbs and Proteins, sweet potatoes are a great option for a post-workout snack. You can also pair them with a food rich in lean protein, to have a well-rounded meal.
5. Peanut and Caramel Bar
A candy bar that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also doubles up as a post-workout snack, peanut and caramel protein bar are a blessing. One can always make them at home or buy one of the similar options available in the market. You can make a whole batch of them and store them, for future needs.
6. Homemade Chocolate Muscle Milk
Another one for those with a sweet tooth, this homemade milk is high in both Protein and Carbs. This homemade milk has no added sugar and is good on the taste buds too.
7. Apple with Almond or Peanut Butter
This sweet blend of crunchy and creamy is the perfect after-workout snack that gives you the best of both worlds. A snack that replenishes your body and restores the energy, but is also great in taste.
8. Hummus and Pita Bread
Simple and healthy, whole wheat Pita Bread, combined with Hummus, made from chickpeas is both filling and restores your energy. This snack gives you the energy that is enough to keep you going for hours.
9. Greek Yogurt with Berries
A combination of Protein-rich Greek Yogurt with Berries, rich in Carbs is a great after-workout snack that repairs your muscles and replenishes your body.
10. Green Smoothie
A straight out of the book nutritious and healthy drink, green smoothie, made with spinach, apple and bananas are full of countless nutrients that repair your muscles, replenish your body, keep you full and fill you with energy.
11. Scrambled Eggs and Avocado Toast
A great snack if you prefer to workout in the morning, this one will double up as your breakfast too. A base of bread that will keep you going for a long time, topped with avocados and scrambled eggs which are rich in protein, this one ticks nearly all of the boxes from the list of essential nutrients.
12. Protein Bars
The quintessential post-workout snack that is easy to carry and can be eaten at your convenience Protein Bars are filling and replace the energy you lose during your workout. As their name suggests, they are rich in protein, but also provide you with Carbs.
13. Chicken Salad
Recovery after a workout includes Protein to build muscles and Carbs to power your muscles. A great salad recipe that mixed-up Chicken, Beans and Vegetables this is a great source of Lean Protein and Starch.
14. Oatmeal with Nuts and Seeds
This one is a no-brainer. Oatmeal is popularly known as a super cereal as it is high in proteins, vitamins, dietary fibre, and soluble fibres called Beta-glucan. Dieticians and trainers have been recommending Oatmeal as an ideal post-workout snack to fortify energy. moreover, adding nutritious nuts and seeds can increase the goodness contained in your bowl of energy.
With your post-workout snacks sorted you can now go and perform strength training, indoor cycling, or intense cardio and come back to binge on these quick and easy snacks that will refuel your body and help you achieve the desired results.