Collagen rich foods provide a lot of health benefits. Collagen is available in supplements and also can be found in fruits and vegetables. If you want to boost your collagen intake, we can tell you about some good foods that contain collagen.
Make sure to include them in your diet for a healthy, happy body! Read on!
What is Collagen
Collagen is the most commonly found protein in the body. It forms the structural protein of skin, bones, digestive system, and connective tissues. Therefore, eating a foods which high in collagen can help you get perfect skin and joints.
There are approximately more than 40 types of collagen found in the body. The four essential types of collagen found in the body are:
- Collagen I – Commonly found in connective tissues of skin, bones, and ligaments.
- Collagen II – It is found mainly in cartilage.
- Collagen III – They are responsible for cell organization in the organs and tissues.
- Collagen IV – They form the “basement membrane” of collagen cells.
Benefits of Eating Foods High in Collagen
- Collagen strengthens the muscles in the body.
- It improves sleep.
- They promote bone health.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Improve overall immunity.
- Improves hormonal balance in the body.
- Reduces hair loss.
- Improve Skin.
Collagen Rich Foods
These delicious nuts are everyone’s favorite. Cashews make a satisfying snack and also are an excellent ingredient in sauces and salads. You can eat them anywhere, anytime. Isn’t is fantastic.
- Collagen in them can be great for your hair.
- They can reduce cholesterol levels.
- Eating them regularly can help in preventing stroke.
Chicken is a staple meat product that is available worldwide. You can eat them fried, grilled or add them to your healthy sandwich for a great meal. A perfect combination of taste and health.
- Collagen in it can be great for your bones.
- It can help with weight loss.
- It can be great for brain health.
Also Read: Vitamin E Rich Foods
Legumes are a highly nutritious food group. They are highly popular substitutes of meat by vegans. You can easily find them in your local supermarket. Isn’t it awesome?
- Collagen in them can help prevent wrinkles in your skin.
- They might promote gut health.
- It can lower your risk of heart diseases.
4. Bone Broth
This delicious liquid is made from boiling animal bones. It is a powerhouse of critical vitamins and minerals. It can be used as a base for risottos, soups and healthy stews.
- Collagen in bone broth might help in building muscle mass.
- It can promote better sleep.
Seafood is a great option if you are looking for healthy foods. There are many kinds of fish available in the market that taste delicious and leave you feeling full throughout the day.
- Collagen in them can be great for your skin health.
- It may lower the risk of heart failure.
This famous poultry product has been a staple food for millions of years. It is incredibly versatile, you can eat them boiled, fried or as delicious omelets. Have your pick!
- Collagen content in eggs can relieve joint pains.
Also Read: Low Carb Foods
Collagen Rich Fruits & Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are a fantastic source to get your daily collagen. Thus, eating them regularly will do wonders for your joints, skin, and hair. So now let’s look at some collagen rich fruits & vegetable sources that you can include in your diet for excellent health.
1. Red Bell Peppers
These deliciously sweet and crisp tasting veggies are available all year round. Furthermore, you can quickly get them in local supermarkets. Boil them, fry them or add them to your salad for a hearty meal!
- Collagen in it works wonders for eye and skin health.
- Phylloquinone (collagen) present in them improves bone and blood clotting.
Avocados are also called butter fruit. They have many health benefits and taste great. You can easily add them to your toast for a great breakfast! They contain omega 3 that may boost collagen production.
- Collagen in it is suitable for bone health.
This decadent herb has been available for centuries. It gives an extra flavor to your dishes, and it has been used as an effective home remedy for a variety of ailments. The best thing? It is readily available.
- Collagen in it can relieve joint pains & may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Sulfur (collagen) in it can give you great skin.
These citrus fruits are everyone’s summer favorite. Originally grown in China, they are now available in almost every tropical country. Eat them for breakfast for a healthy boost to your day. It contains vitamin C which can increase collagen production in the body.
- It is rich in collagen, which helps in skin healing.
Also Read: Vitamin C Rich Foods
Mushrooms come in many different sizes and shapes. They are exceptionally nutritious and taste amazing. Fry them, or add them into your salad for a great meal. You can’t go wrong with them!
- The presence of collagen in it is great for joint health.
- It may lower your blood pressure.
- It can give your immune system a boost.
Broccoli is another addition to our incredible list of collagen rich foods. Furthermore, they are considered as one of the healthiest foods. So add them into your salad for a healthy win!
- The collagen present in it can help build muscle mass and stronger bones.
- It may be great for your hair.
Berries are healthy and easy to get. Moreover, you can eat them as a quick snack to boost your day! They can easily give you a nutritious boost and raise your energy levels.
- The collagen found in it can help manage Osteoarthritis pain.
- They can help prevent diabetes.
Also Read: Omega 3 Foods Vegetarian
They look beautiful and make a great addition to every meal. They come in many different colors and tastes. You can put them into your salads, pizza, or soup for a great meal.
- The collagen seen in it can help prevent arthritis.
- It may be good for your heart health.
- It can help build muscle mass.
Bananas are incredibly nutritious and taste good. They commonly grow in Southeast Asia. However, they can be found in many tropical countries. You can eat them as an afternoon snack for a midday boost!
- Collagen in it can promote heart health.
- It may aid in weight gain.
This leafy green makes a great addition to our collagen rich vegetarian foods. Furthermore, It is a trendy food choice amongst health-conscious people. It makes an excellent salad for a fulfilling dinner.
- Collagen in it can help with joint pain.
- It is a rich source of vitamin C which can boost collagen production.
11. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a staple for Thanksgiving. These starchy vegetables are a powerhouse of nutrition. Furthermore, you eat them boiled or fry them for good measure.
- The collagen present in it can help with bone and muscle health.
- It can promote gut health.
Also Read: Probiotic Rich Foods
This tropical citrus fruit is famous for it’s sweet and sour taste. Furthermore, you can easily add grapefruit into your daily diet to get the best benefits from this fruit. Eat them as a snack for a good meal.
- Collagen in it can help skin problems.
- It can support healthy vision.