Berries are small in size and are available in various varieties. Some are sweet in taste, while others are sour or tart. They are often considered as a royal fruit and can be eaten in fresh or dried form. The market is flooded with different types of berries.
Berries are not only famous for their taste, but they also have an impressive nutritional profile. Typically, berries are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Our list of some healthiest types of berries includes raspberry, cranberry, blueberry, blackberry, and gooseberry.
List of Berries Fruits
Here are the all berries name list which are really good for the human body.
This superfood has a bitter or sour taste. Cranberries are mostly consumed from berries list in form of juice, jam, sauces, or as a part of the dessert. They can do wonders for your body.
- Extremely high in antioxidants, especially phenols and anthocyanin.
- Known for treating Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
- Polyphenols present in cranberry can reduce cardiovascular diseases.
- Contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that improve brain functioning.
- Cranberry juice can also help in weight loss.
These are the most popular berries out there that are available in red, golden, black, purple, and yellow colors. Different colors of raspberry offer different compositions of nutrition and antioxidants.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants that fight against free radicals to prevent illness.
- It improves brain function and protects the neurological system.
- Although sweet, raspberry contains very little sugar content.
- Raspberry can trigger the premature aging process.
- The fiber and water content of raspberry contributes to better digestion.
Must Read: Nutritional Facts & Benefits of Berries
Maybe they are not a part of ice cream and smoothies, but blueberries are being used by people to prepare soup, meats, muffins, and stews. Being low in calories and high in nutrition, is a proud part of the list of healthy berries superfood families.
- Blueberries slow down the aging process and cancer development by reducing DNA damage.
- Can help in lowering blood pressure.
- Regular intake of blueberry can boost the human immune system.
- Reduce the damage caused by a high-fat diet.
- Being loaded with antioxidants, they can help in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
4. Black Currant
Having a tart taste, the black current is a popular flavor in ice cream, smoothies, and muffins. Apart from their taste, black currants have a high concentration of anthocyanin, antioxidants, polyphenolic substances, vitamin C, and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Promises the treatment of glaucoma. It is really good for eye health.
- It may help you protect against oxidative stress.
- Studies show that it can treat the gastrointestinal disorder.
- Having high calcium content, black currant strengthens our bones and teeth.
Also Read: The Best Fruits & Berries for Keto Diet
Also known as Aronia berries, chokeberries are rich in plant antioxidants and are used as a medicine for treating cold. As these berries have a mouth-drying effect, they are majorly used in form of juices, jams, syrups, teas, and wines.
- Boost immunity and reduce inflammation related to diabetes.
- Studies conducted on rats show that it reduces the effects of liver damage.
- Can protect against coronary artery diseases.
- It can improve heart health, especially beneficial for people with metabolic syndrome.
- Will keep your blood sugar in check.
Another one in our list of berries names is the heart-shaped strawberries. They are consumed raw, fresh, and dried. You can even add them to jam, jellies, and other cakes and desserts. But apart from its taste, they are also known for its benefits.
- Vitamin C in Strawberry is known to ward off cancer.
- Improves overall skin health by improving skin elasticity and resilience.
- Reduced inflammation of joints that can otherwise lead to heart issues.
- It is low in calories, sodium, and sugar making it ideal for weight management.
- The fiber content of these berries helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
You might like: Dry Fruits Name
They look similar to the blueberry but softer and darker. They are not only used for medicinal purposes but even juice is used as a dye. Highly rich in nutrients, they offer various health benefits.
- Can improve vision, specifically night vision.
- Contain anthocyanin that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Used for lowering blood pressure in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Has antimicrobial effect against potentially harmful bacteria.
Also Read: Healthy Indian Snacks
8. Goji Berry
Goji berries are also known as wolfberries and gougizi has many health benefits and is used in Chinese medicine from ancient times. These types of berry fruits can be eaten raw or dried. Even people use it to make juice and herbal tea.
- Excellent source of protein, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B2, iron, and copper.
- Fight the aging process by preventing you from free radicals.
- Regulates the blood sugar level.
- Boost energy and enhance overall well-being.
- As it is rich in fiber, it keeps you full for longer and helps in weight loss.
9. Acai Berry
This Brazilian super-fruit is popularly known for its health benefits. These small berries constitute 80 percent seed and are having deep purple color.
- Contain heart-friendly fats that reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol.
- It contains essential minerals and plant compounds.
- Test-tub studies show that it may hinder cancer cell growth and spread.
- Protect the brain from damage due to age.
- It is great for detoxification.
Gooseberry, popularly known as Amla in India is a powerhouse of nutrients and can offer health benefits that you can’t even think of. This sour berry is loaded with vitamins C and B along with minerals like calcium, copper, manganese, and phosphorus.
- It has various skin benefits from anti-aging to anti-acne. It also improves skin tone.
- Gooseberry can also make your hair strong, smooth, and healthy.
- High in fiber and low in calories makes it good for diabetes, weight loss, and heart issues.
- Both fiber and chlorogenic acid in gooseberry help in regulating blood sugar.
- It reduces the risk of age-related brain problems.
11. Mulberry (Shahtoot)
The sweet and tart flavor of mulberries makes them ideal for preparing jams, jellies, and pies, etc. They are not only flavorful but also contain a very good nutrition composition, which includes iron, calcium, vitamin C, and K.
- The dietary fibers in mulberry improve the digestion.
- Boost the production of red cells and improves blood circulation.
- Being rich in vitamin A, it relieves eye strain and improves vision.
- Like most types of berries, mulberry also slows down the aging process and improve skin health.
- They are known for treating anemia, and the credit goes to its iron content.
12. Golden Berry
These bright, orange-colored berries are also known as Inca berries. Its sweet and tangy taste makes it a good addition to sauces, jams, and salads. Packed with nutrients, they offer numerous health benefits.
- Used as a preventive method and treatment for diabetes.
- Very low in calories, these small berries can help you reach your weight loss goals.
- May combat well with prostate cancer.
- Golden berries can strengthen your bones.
- Reduces the feeling of anxiety and stress.
Different types of berries offer unique health benefits, although most of them are known to be beneficial for improved vision, better heart health, weight loss, regulating blood sugar, and controlling cholesterol.
Berries are the healthiest fruit on the earth, which can even be eaten in dried form. Being low in calories and high in antioxidants. Get berries online and add them to your diet. Try a few portions of these berries on regular basis, choose from the above-mentioned different varieties of berries to suit your taste and health needs.
Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are packed with antioxidants and are great for the skin, especially if you have acne. These berries also protect the skin from sun damage.
Blackberries have the highest antioxidant content and are also rich in fiber.
Eating a handful of berries every day can help you manage your weight, reduce the risk of heart diseases, and boost immunity.
Due to its rich antioxidant, fiber, and vitamin C content, blueberries and strawberries are considered to be suitable for pregnancy. However, please note that a pregnancy can lead to some allergic conditions, so consult with your doctor before eating berries.