Most people avoid daily workouts or they lack working out because of proper equipment, space, and guidance. In such situations, yoga asanas can come to your rescue. Yoga looks after your entire physical and mental health and you don’t really need added equipment. There are some basic yet very effective yoga poses that you can easily incorporate into your yoga for daily routine workout for better results. Have a look at them.
8 Yoga Poses for Daily Life
1. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
Steps to Perform Tree Pose:
- First, place the sole of the right foot flat and firmly on the left thigh.
- Stand straight on your left leg and it’s time to keep your balance right.
- Inhale and raise both your arms over your head and put the hands together.
- Take a few deep breaths and slowly exhale while bringing down your hands and releasing the right leg from the left thigh.
- Throughout the time your spine should stay straight.
This is one of the most common and effective yoga asanas for daily workout, you can do to improve your balance and strengthen your legs and back.
Also Read: Yoga for Kids
2. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Steps to Perform Boat Pose:
- Lie back in a relaxed pose with the hands resting by your side and feet together.
- Now, take a deep breath and lift your chest and legs from the Yoga mat while exhaling gently.
- Stretch your arms towards your feet at a 30-degree angle and hold the position till you feel the tension in the naval area.
- Exhale and release your position.
Repeat this daily yoga exercise a few times to tighten the abdominal muscles and bring strength to the shoulder.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Steps to Perform Cobra Pose:
- Lie on the yoga mat with your stomach on the floor and feet together.
- Now, keep your hands below your shoulder and gently lift your waist and head while inhaling.
- Support your body with your hands, keep the elbows straight and pull back your torso.
- Exhale while releasing the pose and coming back to the ground.
This daily yoga pose is extremely beneficial for the lungs, lower back, spine, triceps as well as better blood circulation and stress-busting.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas for PCOS
4. Bitilasana or (Cat-Cow Pose)
Steps to Perform Cat-Cow Pose:
- Begin this yoga asana by keeping your hands and knees in a tabletop like position while keeping your knees below your hips.
- Wrist, shoulder, and elbow should stay perpendicular to the floor and keep your head aligned with your body.
- Lift your chest towards the sink and sink your belly towards the floor with every inhale while lifting your head as well.
- Exhale and finish in the same tabletop position where you began.
This yoga asana works wonder against fatigue, bloating by strengthening abdominal organs, and adds flexibility to the spine.
5. Adho Mukho Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
Steps to Perform Downward Facing Dog Pose:
This asana forms an inverted V out of your entire body.
- Stand straight and raise your hands straight above your head.
- Now, bend and reach the floor with both palms while keeping your legs, arms straight, and hips up into the air.
- Hold this position and continue to take deep breathes.
- This asana is all about using your breathe while balancing your body.
This asana is recommended for an amazing full-body stretch and ease the soreness of your back. It is also very useful for treating bloating, digestion problems, and improving blood circulation.
Also Read: Yoga for Lungs
6. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Steps to Perform Seated Forward Bend:
- Start with your back straight and legs stretched out while you stay seated.
- Take a deep breath and raise your hands over your head to stretch a little.
- Exhale and bring both hands down, bend forward, and touch your legs.
- Try to reach your toes and hold them for a while.
Quick Tips: But if you can’t, don’t push yourself and keep your hands wherever they reach. This yoga asana focuses on elongating the spine and abdominal breathing.
Paschimottanasana improves hamstring flexibility, regulates energy to the nervous system, and provides better circulation to internal abdominal organs.
7. Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)
Steps to Perform Cow Face Pose:
- Sit with your right leg bent over your left leg and knees stacked on top of each other while keeping your back straight.
- Now inhale and raise your right hand first and then bend the elbow.
- It’s time to bring the left arm behind your back to reach and hold the fingers of the right hand.
- Inhale and exhale while you stay seated in this position to open up your chest.
Repeat this daily yoga asana for good health on the other side as well and it will prevent unforeseen back and spine related problems.
Also Read: Yoga For Heart
8. Balasana (Child’s Pose)
Steps to Perform Child’s Pose:
- Bring your head down on the floor while seated in Vajrasana.
- Relax your head, neck, shoulder, and rest your arms on the sides.
- Now rest your head with the forehead touching the ground.
- Remember to press your thighs against your chest and relax your body.
- Close your eyes, focus on your breaths, and stay in the position for a few minutes.
It is very helpful in rejuvenating you physically, mentally, and emotionally. It relaxes your body and you can do it easily between your tiresome workout routine to restore your energy.
These yoga poses for daily life routine are very easy to do and you just need a yoga mat in your house. These are great to keep you fit as well as healthy from within.