Dry and itchy skin can be problematic. Humid climate, lifestyle, hot showers, and chemically harsh soap can cause dry skin. Fortunately, simple home remedies for dry skin can be very effective. Let’s look at some interesting home remedies that you can use to cure your dry skin situation.
12 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Are you prone to having dry skin? Then, there’s good news for you! We are here to provide you with exceptionally phenomenal dry skin remedies. Get ready to have healthy glowing skin by following these simple home remedies.
1. Aloe vera
This plant has antimicrobial and hydrating properties. Therefore, it is a perfect natural skin moisturizer. Additionally, aloe vera gel is readily available, which is a plus!
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to your face.
- It is best to apply aloe gel daily before going to bed.
Ghee is commonly used in cooking, but it is an excellent tool for dry skin treatment. It activates sebum (Oil) production on the skin surface. These natural oils combat dryness in the skin. Therefore, it is an excellent remedy to keep your skin smooth and shiny!
- Apply ghee directly to the skin for excellent results.
- Apply ghee twice daily.
Also Read:- Home Remedies for Cough & Cold
Pineapples are delicious. Surprisingly, they are also suitable for treating dry skin. It is because they contain the enzyme bromelain. It can break down dead skin cells. Therefore, they are an excellent choice for dry skincare.
- Add some honey and coconut oil to pineapple juice and apply it to your skin.
- You can also apply raw pineapple directly to your skin for exfoliating action.
Caution – Strong acids in pineapple can irritate your skin, therefore use it only once a week.
Glycerin improves moisture retention on the skin surface. It can also balance the pH of the skin. Thus, it avoids moisture loss and makes skin resistant to unwanted microbial growth.
- Add rose water or water to glycerin and apply it directly to your skin. Wash off after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Additionally, you can mix aloe vera gel with glycerin and apply it to your face.
5. Coconut Oil
This magical oil is your answer if you wonder how to treat dry skin on the face. It can help with water retention and provide essential fatty lipids to the skin barrier. A more substantial skin barrier can improve skin texture. Therefore, improving your skin in the long run.
- Apply coconut oil directly to your face before going to sleep.
- You can also add aloe vera gel with the oil and apply it to your skin.
- Use 1- 2 times a day to see visible change.
Also Read:- Benefits of Almonds
Banana can help you get the skin of your dreams. Vitamin A in it retains moisture. Potassium and water content in it hydrates the skin. Furthermore, it is a great exfoliator, which can remove dead skin cells—ultimately giving you clear, hydrated skin!
- Rub banana directly to your face.
- Add coconut/ almond oil to the mashed banana and apply it to your face. Wash after 20 mins.
- Use it once a week.
Milk has many health benefits, but it is also excellent for the skin. The lactic acid in milk has exfoliating action. Additionally, it has cooling and antimicrobial properties.
- You can add rose water and apply milk directly to your face
- Use it once daily for good results.
8. Petroleum Jelly
The main ingredient of this product is petroleum. It forms a strong barrier on the skin. As a result, it can help retain moisture for longer. Additionally, jelly has cooling action that can reduce skin irritation.
Also Read:- Home Remedies for Migraine
- Apply petroleum jelly directly to your face and keep it overnight.
- You can apply it once daily for excellent results.
Honey is the best natural moisturizer for dry skin. It provides deep moisture to the skin. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory properties which can soothe redness or itchiness. Due to its high viscosity forms a protective layer around the skin, ultimately retaining skin moisture.
Yes, oatmeal can be perfect for dry skin problems. It can remove dead skin and moisturize the skin. What’s more, the starch present in it forms a barrier around the skin. Therefore, it is a perfect solution to your skin issues.
- Add some milk and honey to oatmeal. And apply this mixture directly to your skin.
- It is best to use it once a week.
Rosewater is an excellent hydrating agent. However, it is gentle on the skin. Therefore, it is effective in cooling down inflamed skin. So, the next time you suffer from dry, itchy skin, make sure to grab a bottle of rose water for immediate comfort.
- You can directly use rose water on your skin.
- Add rose water to coconut/ olive/ sunflower oil, and then apply the mixture to the face.
- Use it 1 – 2 times daily to see significant results.
12. Sunflower Oil
This sunflower oil can be an impressive face moisturizer for dry skin. Linolic acid in the oil retains moisture and is a strong antimicrobial agent. Therefore, it is a good choice if you suffer from bouts of dry skin.
- Apply sunflower oil directly to your skin.
- Use 1- 2 times daily.
Dry skin can be due to a humid climate, hot showers, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Fortunately, home remedies can be very effective in treating dry skin! For example, applying honey, petroleum jelly, ghee, pineapple, etc., can be very effective in improving skin quality. Additionally, oils like sunflower oil and coconut oil can restore moisture and enhance skin texture. Therefore, if you want healthy, glowing skin, you should try these home remedies!