Fungal infections are troublesome. Bad hygiene and a humid environment can cause these infections. It can affect skin, scalp, groins, etc. Home remedies are practical, easy solutions to treat any malady. Many stubborn fungal infections respond well to home treatments. So, let’s look at some simple and effective home remedies for fungal infections.
Fungal Infection Remedies
Fungal infections can get serious. If not treated properly, it can cause lots of issues. Fortunately, some of the remedies can be a permanent solution for fungal infections. Whats’s even better is that these remedies can be found in your humble abode! So, raid your pantry for these ingredients and get rid of infections for good!
1. Water And Soap
Who knew simple soap and water is an effective fungus treatment at home? Yes! Washing hands with soap and water can remove germs. Therefore, it can be effective in yeast infections. It can also be competent in preventing many diseases. In short, wash your hands properly!
- The dirt and harmful microbes get attached to the soap’s lipid membrane. It is then washed off by running water.
- It would be best if you washed your hands before eating. Then, wash them at appropriate intervals during the day.
2. Aloe Vera
Soothing aloe vera is one of the home remedies for fungal infections on the skin. It contains antiseptic agents like – sulfur, salicylic acid, phenols (antioxidants), lupeol, and cinnamonic acid. Additionally, aloe vera gel also is soothing to the skin. So, if you have any skin problems, make sure to use this magic gel!
- You can apply aloe vera gel directly to the affected area. Moreover, you can use aloe vera gel to your scalp to treat scalp infections.
- Applying this gel up to 2-3 times a day is best for fast results.
3. Lemongrass Oil
This oil is very effective for any yeast infection. It has rich antioxidant content (quercetin, chlorogenic acid, etc.). Lemongrass oil is suitable for aromatherapy as well. Therefore, it is good for treating infections and relaxing the mind. It is best for treating ringworm.
- Add lemongrass oil directly to the affected area. You can also add the oil into your bath for good results.
- Use lemongrass oil for 2 – 3 days daily for great results.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is one of the most potent home remedies for fungal acne. It has strong antioxidant and antifungal properties. Additionally, this oil is also good for the skin & hair. You can easily use coconut oil to treat skin, scalp, and groin area infections.
- Apply coconut oil directly to the infected area.
- Apply coconut to the mouth area for mouth ulcers and spit out after 2 – 3 minutes. Additionally, Make sure to not eat anything for 30 minutes after application.
- You can use it 2 – 3 times daily for super-fast results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Did you know that apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial and antioxidant qualities? Additionally, it is one of the best home remedies for fungal infections. It also balances pH, which is crucial for yeast infection treatment.
- You can apply it directly to the affected area with a cotton pad
- For scalp infections, mix it with water and massage it to your hair. Wash your hair after a few minutes.
- Apply it 2 – 3 times a week for the best results.
Caution: You should dilute Apple cider vinegar before using it, or it can irritate your skin.
Garlic is a natural antimicrobial and antiseptic agent. Allicin is an active sulfurous compound present in garlic. It can directly inhibit fungus and bacterial growth. So, raid your pantry for this magical herb if you have any infections!
- Smash some peeled garlic cloves. Put some olive/almond/coconut oil in it. Heat it and strain the oil after some time.
- Apply this oil & leave it for at least half-hour before rinsing it off with a shampoo. Additionally, you can use this oil directly to the affected skin area.
- For best results, it is best to use it 2 – 3 times a week.
Turmeric is another herb on our list of home remedies for fungal infections. This fantastic herb has potent antiseptic and antifungal properties. Furthermore, when it is paired with milk, it can boost immunity. Not to mention, lactic acid in milk can also kill the fungal growth.
- You can apply turmeric and honey paste directly to the affected areas.
- Drink turmeric milk to improve immunity.
- Apply turmeric and coconut oil paste to get relief.
- You can use it 1 – 2 times daily for lightning-fast results.
Tomato is rich in antifungal acids. In addition, tartaric, succinic, and critic acid can help kill fungal spores. So, if you are wondering how to cure fungal infection on the skin naturally, then tomato is your answer! Additionally, it is rich in nutrients that will boost immunity.
- Crush tomato into a pulp. Add some coconut oil and apply this paste to the affected area.
- You can drink tomato juice regularly to boost your immunity.
- Apply tomato paste 2 -3 times a day to see good results.
9. Green Tea
You are already aware of the plethora of health benefits of green tea. Drinking tea will not only refresh you but is also great for treating infections. Furthermore, tannins present in green tea have solid antifungal action. Therefore, make sure to drink this beverage for good health.
- Add green tea to water. Boil for some time and then directly apply to the infected area.
- Use it 1 – 2 times a day for excellent results.
10. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another good remedy for microbial infections. The tannic acid in the oil can kill fungal and bacterial growth while absorbing excess sweat. Therefore, regularly applying it will help kill fungus and prevent any growth in the future.
- Mix tea tree oil with almond/ coconut oil and apply it directly to the affected surface.
- Use it 1 – 2 times a day for results.
Caution: Tea tree oil can be corrosive to the skin. Make sure always to mix tea tree oil with some other oil to avoid any skin problems.
Honey is delicious, but it is also very effective in warding unwanted fungal growth. It has both antimicrobial and antiseptic action. Not to mention it has a thick consistency. It forms a protective barrier to prevent further microbial growth. Furthermore, it is readily available. So, make sure to grab a bottle of honey on your next grocery shopping visit.
- Apply honey directly to the area for quick relief.
- Add turmeric or coconut to the honey for good results.
- Use it 2 – 3 times daily.
12. Baking Soda
Baking soda is highly effective in killing unwanted fungal growth. In addition, it is effective in even the most severe form of yeast infections.
- Add water to baking soda and apply this paste to the infected area.
- You can also add honey or coconut oil to baking soda and apply it to the affected area.
- Use baking soda past around 2- 3 times daily.
13. Citrus Foods
Citrus food like lemon and oranges can be a good option for fungal infection treatment at home. Additionally, they are rich in vitamin C. Which can boost immunity and prevent any infections in the future.
- Add coconut oil to lemon juice and apply to the affected area.
- You can also add honey to the lemon juice.
- Use this remedy 1 -2 times daily for visible results.
14. Neem Oil
It is a plant species that is native to the Asian continent. Did you know that Neem oil has many antimicrobial and antiseptic properties to ward off infections. In addition, the Niminol compound in neem is an active antifungal agent. Isn’t it amazing?
- Add coconut oil to neem oil and apply to the infected area.
- You can also apply honey and neem oil mixture to the affected area.
- For significant results, use it 2 -3 times a day.
15. Castor Oil
Castor oil is another entry on our list of home remedies for yeast infection. This oil is very effective against candida infections.
- Add coconut oil to castor oil and then apply to the concerned area.
- Use it once a week for results.
Caution: Castor oil can be harmful to the skin. Always add some carrier oil to castor oil before applying it to the skin.
Fungal infections can be nasty and brutal to get rid of. Therefore, we must take active measures to stop the infection growth. With this in mind, home remedies for fungal infections can be very effective. Some of them include applying honey, coconut oil. Turmeric and ginger can also work wonders on even the most stubborn fungal infections.