No products in the cart.
We all love a serving of our good old halwa, but what if we tell you we gave it a fun twist? Chef Sunita from @the_munching_station shared her wonderful recipe of Rose Halwa Triffle which is a gorgeous serving of layered halwa with dried rose petals, edible gum, and dry fruits. This recipe is the best and healthiest possible alternative to the otherwise sugar-loaded and fattening sweets. She has very cleverly replaced sugar with jaggery powder to keep the sugar element intact but super healthy.
Rose Halwa Triffle Recipe:
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup desi ghee
- ½ cup jaggery powder
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp elaichi powder
- Few crushed pistachios
- ½ cup raw edible gum
- Few dried homegrown rose petals
- 1tbsp crushed almonds.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add wheat flour to it. Keep stirring and cook it on low flame.
- There should be adequate ghee in the pan so that the flour does not remain dry and stays immersed.
- Cook the flour until it gets a good dark brown colour but make sure it doesn’t get burnt.
- Add hot water (lukewarm>boiling water) while stirring continuously. It will immediately start turning thick but keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add jaggery powder and you will notice a change in colour towards a darker tone. Stir it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add almonds, pistachios and elaichi powder to add flavor and taste.
- In a separate pan, heat ½ cup ghee. Once it turns too hot, add raw edible gum.
- Stir them immediately and you will notice that it will pop just like popcorn.
- Once they pop completely, take them out on a plate filled with roses. Cover it with a lid so that the gum is infused with rose fragrance. You can also use fresh rose flowers for the same.
Layer 1 – Halwa
Layer 2 – Crushed almond, pistachio and elaichi mix
Layer 3 – Rose infused edible gum
Layer 4 – Dried Rose Petals
Repeat these 4 layers once more and garnish with almonds or any nuts of your choice.
Serve hot and enjoy!