No products in the cart.
How many times have you thought of ditching your diet plan for all the foods it has excluded from your life? Well, this pain is known to many. So, why not try making a healthier version of all the foods you hate to say goodbye to?
Traditional banana bread is known for its deliciousness and fluffy, airy texture. It is a very popular way to use ripe bananas no one eats normally. Just like many other traditional recipes that stand in question in terms of nutrition value, banana bread is no exception. Due to the usage of all-purpose flour and butter, it is a definite no for many diet plans. But don’t give up already! If you can think about some healthy alternatives to these ingredients, you can easily make a healthier version of your favourite food. It’s that simple. To make the banana bread suitable for your diet plan, swap the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour, replace butter with avocado oil, forget about the refined sugar and use honey in its place. Well, now you have your healthy banana bread on the plate.
Image Credits: Pinterest
Here, presenting a new version of banana bread which is absolutely gluten-free and healthy. Check it out and make it right away!
Table of Contents
Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
1 hour 20 minutes
- Ripe banana- 3 (smashed)
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour- ¾ cups
- Eggs- 2 (beaten)
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Avocado oil- ½ cup
- Honey or Maple syrup- ½ cup
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Ground flax- 2 teaspoon
- Chopped walnuts or chocolate chips- ½ cup (optional)
- Take a loaf pan and grease it with avocado oil or line it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit before putting the batter inside for baking.
- Take a large bowl and put mashed bananas, beaten eggs, and combine them gently. Add milk, oil, honey or syrup, and vanilla to it and mix well for an even consistency.
- Now, add the rest of the ingredients including gluten-free flour, baking soda, ground flax, and combine them all together.
- If you want to make it a little tastier, add chocolate chips, walnuts, or nuts of your choice to the batter and fold gently.
- Now it’s time to pour the banana batter into the greased pan and bake for at least 1 hour and 20 minutes. Test it by inserting a toothpick inside the bread and if it comes clean, take the bread out and cool it down.
- This loaf of banana bread can be easily stored in airtight containers and you can have them for three to four days. If you put the bread in the refrigerator, it may last longer than the ones at room temperature.
Nutrition value per slice:
- Calories- 238
- Carbs- 30g
- Protein- 4g
- Fat- 11g
- Saturated fat- 1.5g
- Fiber- 2g
- Sugar- 12g
- Avocado oil is used in this recipe as a healthy alternative to butter. Avocado oil contains a few monosaturated fats which maintain a healthy heart.
- Similarly, honey or maple syrup is a substitute for white processed sugar which is often considered unhealthy. At the same time, honey allows the natural sweetness of ripe bananas to come out more prominently.
- You can always use other gluten-free flours of your choice. Using a mixture of all-purpose gluten-free flour and brown rice flour or garbanzo beans flour will bring you a denser loaf. It doesn’t compromise the taste and even tastes more filling than regular banana bread.
- Gluten works as a binding ingredient in a baking recipe and since it’s missing in this bread, don’t forget the ground flax. The ground flax not only helps in binding the ingredients together. In gluten’s absence, but also provides fiber and plant-based omega-3 fats.
- If you don’t consume dairy products, even then this recipe has got your back. Use any plant-based milk or any other milk of your choice and it will not make a huge difference in taste. Just try not to add sweetened milk to this recipe.
If you were longing for a recipe that will fit your taste preference and diet all at once, then try this gluten-free banana bread at home. Its super simple to make and you don’t have to worry about the availability of the ingredients used in this recipe. Now being healthy is no more a worrisome choice for you. Happy eating!