Constipation is an issue that one has to undergo once in a lifetime, or even we can, say, once a year or month. How often you come in contact with it depends on your physical activity and the percentage of nutrient content in the body, but this is applicable for those facing it on a long-term basis. On the other side, it also occurs because of travelling, changes in diet, etc. Constipation is an issue that leaves one with a dull mood and irritated all the time. The issue has its cure in our kitchen. Our elders used home remedies to treat constipation, stomach ache, and fever. Further, we discussed a few remedies for constipation to help you feel better.
Home Remedies for Immediate Relief from Constipation
Constipation can affect any group, but the main reasons for its occurrence are heavy medication and unhealthy eating practices. However, the issue can be cured by following simple and natural home remedies for constipation. We, in general, rely on medicines, and excess use of medicine might cause disbalance in our body function and its nutrient content. But, to your surprise, the answer to the issue is hidden in our kitchen that goes unnoticed. Below are a few effective and immediate home remedies that help treat constipation.
Drink Enough Water
Drinking adequate water is the simplest and easiest way to keep constipation at par. When a person becomes dehydrated, the body collects water from every part of the body. Therefore, experts advise drinking water in good quantity for regular bowel movements.
- When to take – It is advised to drink 100ml water every half an hour.
- How to take – Normal or lukewarm water provides immediate constipation relief at home.
- Quantity to consume in a day – 2 – 3 Liters
Following a healthy diet and regular exercise might help with bowel movements. This is because when you exercise, it leads to the movement of your bowel, which makes it flexible and helps you release all the toxins from the body.
- Which exercise to do – Running, walking, sports activities.
- Duration – For 15 – 20 minutes
- When to do – Early morning and evening
Castor oil is extracted from castor beans, has natural laxative. That works positively in increasing bowel movement in the intestine, helps make the stool soft, and allows it to get eliminated from the body without any effort or difficulties.
- When to take – Anytime, but only once a day.
- How to take – First, keep the castor oil in the fridge for at least one hour and then mix it with any fruit juice, which makes it taste much better.
- Quantity to consume in a day – 15 Ml
Warm beverages have soothing effects on the digestive and gastrointestinal systems. Tea contains a number of nutrient-rich ingredients that are helpful in treating upset stomach and constipation. Ingredients ginger, chamomile, peppermint, etc., helps in healthy bowel movement.
- When to take – Early in the morning
- Which tea to go for – Black tea
- Quantity to consume in a day – 450 ML
Coconut water is known for its hydrating and detoxifying properties. It helps in the kidney’s proper functioning, leading to a better digestive system. Coconut water rich in magnesium content helps the intestinal wall muscles to remove faecal matter from the body easily.
- When to take – Early morning on an empty stomach
- Quantity to consume in a day – 200 – 300 Ml
Aloe vera Juice
Aloe vera is known to treat skin issues, burns and cuts. But it is also helpful in improving internal health. Aloe vera juice is rich in fibre content; it soothes the digestive tract. Consuming aloe vera juice in any form is very effective in treating stomach-related issues, especially constipation.
- When to take – On an empty stomach in the early morning.
- How to take – Mix the aloe vera juice with smoothies and juices for immediate constipation relief.
- Quantity to consume in a day – 100 Ml – 150 Ml
Being full of enzymes, honey works effectively in treating constipation and stabilising digestive health. Honey is an ingredient found in almost every household due to its benefits and its mild laxative. Consumption of honey in any way or form can treat the issue of constipation.
- When to take – On an empty stomach in the morning
- How to take – With milk, tea or lukewarm water
- Quantity to consume in a day – From 6 to 10 teaspoons a day
Fennel is naturally laxative and helps relax the intestine’s muscles, relieving constipation. In addition, Anethole is a component present in fennel seeds that plays a major role in promoting better digestion.
- When to take – 5 minutes after a meal
- How to take – Combine fennel seeds with warm water and cover them for 10 minutes, and then strain it.
- Quantity to consume in a day – 3 capsules or 450 MG
Baking soda, another staple from the kitchen, helps treat constipation. The ingredient forms a bong with stomach acid to stimulate smooth bowel movement. It’s one of the most effective and reliable home remedies for constipation.
- When to take – Every two hours
- How to take – Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with ¼ cup of lukewarm water
- Quantity to consume in a day – 4 teaspoon baking soda
Milk with ghee
Milk is helpful in treating constipation only when it is used when it’s warm or lukewarm. Consuming it in a cold state might give way to constipation. Therefore to keep constipation at par, drink milk when it’s warm.
- When to take – Bedtime.
- How to take – Ghee with hot milk.
- Quantity to consume in a day – 2 teaspoons of ghee with 200ml milk.
Everyone undergoes a few health issues every now and then, like stomach ache, headache, fever, constipation, etc. these are mild issues, and to treat these, one shouldn’t rely on medication. These issues can be treated through home remedies. Among the issues, constipation is a problem faced by many. There are many home remedies which have our elder’s trust in them and can provide one with immediate constipation relief. Above, we have mentioned a few of them. We hope they work out for you like many out there.