What is Muesli?
Made with rolled oats, grains, nuts, seeds, and fresh or dried fruits, it is a cold oatmeal dish that is usually consumed with liquids like milk, fruit juice, yogurt, or even water. Muesli has become a popular superfood these days because of its health benefits. A muesli bowl is a typical breakfast meal that is made with cold/hot milk, with toppings of fresh fruits, dry fruits, seeds, nuts, and lemon juice (if needed). So, let’s learn below some creative ways for how to eat muesli and integrate into your diet
Best Ways for How to Eat Muesli
Isn’t this one of the constantly asked questions from people who are trying to develop a taste for healthy snacks? If you’re one of them, let us tell you that there are many different ways to eat muesli and we can guide you on how to eat muesli for weight loss too!
We’ve curated a list of the 7 best ways to eat muesli and to enhance its taste. Check the recipes and try them right away!
1. Bowl of Raw Muesli
To start with basics, when we talk about eating muesli, then we say that many people absolutely love raw muesli. You can make a go-to pack for yourself and munch on these healthy muesli like a snack while on your way.
Also Read: Top Muesli Brands
2. With Hot or Cold Milk
Another common way of eating muesli is eating it with hot or cold milk. Muesli is mixed in cold or hot milk and kept aside for some time to soften. If you want, then you can also try it with fresh fruit juices. A lot of people also choose to eat this as breakfast to keep themselves in shape and stay fit!
How to Eat Muesli With Milk?
- If you’re taking it for breakfast, then you can fill up your bowl with muesli, hot milk, some nuts and seeds, and even fresh fruits. It works as a perfect and healthy meal.
- If you feel like an evening snack, then muesli with cold milk is a great option, especially in summers. It will fill you up instantly and will also give you some relief amidst the hot weather.
3. As a Topping
If you’re a beginner who wants to develop a taste for muesli, then we say you start it by adding them as toppings to your fruit parfaits, smoothies, and shakes. They add a bit of a crunch to the dish and make it taste even better. This way, you won’t overeat and yet will be able to start your journey of acquiring a taste for it.
How to Prepare?
- Make yourself a nice bowl of fresh fruit parfait by adding sliced fresh fruits (bananas, apples, kiwis, strawberries, etc.) with fresh yogurt.
- For smoothies, you can simply blend in your favorite fruits with yogurt and some honey (if needed).
- Now add some roasted almonds and muesli as toppings to add a pleasing crunch.
You might like: Is muesli good for health
4. Sprouts And Muesli Chaat
This one is a simple and delicious recipe. Sprouts and muesli are excellent sources of protein, vitamins, and minerals essential for the body. All you need to do is mix them and enjoy a healthy meal. This is a good weight-loss snack or meal since it’s low in calories.
How to Prepare?
- You can use raw or steamed sprouts as per your liking.
- In a bowl, add all the chopped vegetables of your liking, muesli, sprouts, and spices like chaat masala, chili powder, and green chutney.
- Mix them well and enjoy a tangy chaat.
5. Muesli Cookies
Another great answer to the evergreen question of “how to eat muesli” is muesli cookies. Yes, you can bake these beauties at home, and they are delicious and super healthy too. Here’s how you can make them.
How to Prepare Muesli Cookies?
- Preheat the oven at 170°C. Whisk the egg, 100g butter, and 1/2 cup honey together.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and 3 cups muesli and add the butter batter to it slowly. Once the dough is ready, set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now make small dough balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake them for 10 minutes and cool them down.
- Enjoy your healthy cookies in the evening.
Also Read: Difference Between Muesli and Granola
6. No-Bake Muesli & Peanut Butter Bars
If you’re a lactose intolerant person and can’t enjoy muesli with milk, then don’t worry! This fantastic recipe is just for you. We swear that this will be one of the easiest and tasty recipes you have ever made! It simply needs mixing and refrigerating the ingredients, that’s it!
How To Prepare?
- Take a non-stick pan and saute a cup of oats for a couple of minutes.
- Now take the roasted oats and then add muesli, peanut butter, and jaggery powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well in a deep bowl.
- Divide the mixture into bar-shaped portions and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Make sure not to make the bars too thick. Let it cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the delicious bars!
7. Chocolate Muesli Toast
It’s not only a perfect breakfast but also a perfect dessert. The kids love this recipe, and so will you because it’s bound to be mouth-watering! This can also serve as an ideal snack whenever you have sweet cravings and don’t know what to eat! The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to prepare this wholesome dish.
How To Prepare Muesli Toast?
- Take bread slices and toast them in the toaster without any oil or butter.
- Take a spoonful of chocolate spread and add a good amount of muesli in it and mix.
- Once the pieces of bread are nicely toasted, spread the muesli-chocolate mixture and top it with some chia seeds.
- A healthy, creamy, and crunchy snack is ready for you.
Muesli is an excellent alternative to unhealthy snacking since it is a rich source of vitamins and proteins. You can try these quick and straightforward recipes and add that dose of health to your lifestyle. Eat healthily, stay healthy!