No products in the cart.
Pumpkin seeds are a great snack if you’re trying to be fit or lead a healthy lifestyle! It has a high nutritional value and multiple health benefits and also rich in vital minerals like zinc, magnesium, selenium, etc. It helps improve digestion, aids in weight management, promotes heart health, boosts immunity, and much more!
These reasons alone are enough for you to consume pumpkin seeds, isn’t it? And if you’re still wondering how to eat pumpkin seeds? We have got you covered! But, first, let’s have a look at how to prepare pumpkin seeds easily and quickly!
How To Prepare Pumpkin Seeds?
Preparing pumpkin seeds at home is easy and doesn’t require too much effort. Follow the steps below to prepare crunchy, tasty, and healthy pumpkin seeds!
- Slice the pumpkin off the top, and using a spoon, remove the seeds of the pumpkin.
- Now, remove the flesh from the seeds (if any) and rinse them under cold water.
- Pat dry with a towel and get ready to toast them.
- To roast the seeds, toss the seeds with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Take a baking sheet and spread the seasoned seeds, and cook at 150°C for 30 minutes.
- Once the seeds are brown and toasty, remove and let them cool.
Also Read : Different Types of Seeds
The Healthiest Ways To Eat Pumpkin Seeds
1. Sprinkle them in Salad
You can include crunchy and delicious pumpkin seeds in your everyday salad! Whether it’s a simple veggie salad or a chicken salad, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on the top, and you’re good to go! It adds the perfect amount of crunch and makes the meal more healthy. Pumpkin seeds are popularly added to green salads, but you can add them to any salad version you may like!
2. Eat as a Plain Snack
Yes! You can eat roasted pumpkin seeds as a snack. It’s a great snack between meals when you’re feeling hungry. They curb appetite and reduce your hunger pangs to a great extent. What’s interesting is that you can eat pumpkin seeds as a snack even when you’re on a diet. It’s a low-calorie and zero fat snack for people trying to manage or reduce weight.
Eating raw pumpkin seeds has its own set of benefits and will help you fight against many health problems and dietary deficiencies.
3. Bake Using Pumpkin Seeds
One of the healthiest ways to eat pumpkin seeds is by including them in your baking recipe! It’s a very delicious method to use these seeds. You can use pumpkin seeds in several healthy baking recipes and add a punch of flavor and crunch that will elevate the taste of your dish. Some baking recipes that can use pumpkin seeds are:
- Pumpkin seeds muffin
- Pumpkin pie with roasted pepitas
- Baked carrot cake with pumpkin seeds
- Nut and seed bars
- Banana bread with seeds
Also Read : Benefits of Chia Seeds
4. Create a Trail Mix Using Pumpkin Seeds
What’s healthier and better than a trail mix? Nothing! To prepare a trail mix, you can use both raw or roasted pumpkin seeds. No matter where you are and what you are doing, carry the trail mix with you and feed your cravings in the most healthy way possible. All you have to do is mix pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, toasted almonds, and dried cranberries. That’s it! A super healthy and yummy trail mix is ready for you.
It’s also a great office snack when you’re running late for a meeting and don’t have time to have a meal. It gives you the perfect amount of nutrition and energy. The contrasting ingredients provide a fresh flavor and are undoubtedly a treat for your tastebuds.
5. Seed and Oat Cookies
This is an excellent breakfast option if you’re bored of eating oats the traditional way. It can be made using oats, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and honey! Yes, only four ingredients, and you’ll have a healthy breakfast ready to kick start your day. You may also use other seeds and nuts if you wish, but this is a classic and scrumptious way to use pumpkin seeds.
How Much Pumpkin Seeds to Eat Daily?
Pumpkin seed is a healthy and fun ingredient that you can add to your daily routine or diet to gain maximum benefits. Now, the question remains how much pumpkin seeds to eat daily?
According to the American heart association, it is recommended that an average person should consume approximately 30 grams per day.
Now, let’s have a look at how many pumpkin seeds should people with these specific conditions consume:
- People with prostate gland enlargement: It is advised that people with this condition should take no more than 10 grams of pumpkin seeds daily.
- People with Insomnia: People with insomnia can eat pumpkin seeds like an average person, but some experts suggest that taking 1 gram of pumpkin seeds before your bedtime may improve your sleep quality.
- For people with gas problems and issues of bloating, it’s best to ask your doctor or nutritionist about your dosage of pumpkin seeds.
Best Time To Eat Pumpkin Seeds
Now that you know how to eat pumpkin seeds, it’s time to understand the best time to eat them!
- For average people: The best time to eat is either in the morning or as a snack in between meals.
- People with sleep issues: Right before bedtime or after dinner.
Pumpkin seeds are pretty underrated, but their benefits will make you go crazy! If you’re thinking of starting to consume pumpkin seeds, there is no better time than now! The next time you go out for grocery shopping or order online, make sure pumpkin seeds are on your list. And if you have the time, it is even better to prepare it at home!