Testosterone is a crucial hormone that plays a significant role in many aspects of health, starting from sexual function to disease risk, plus helps in the smooth functioning of the body. The hormone is produced in adequate quantities in males and is responsible for the development of male characteristics; females also produce it but in smaller amounts. This male hormone regulates fertility, builds muscle mass, metabolizes fat, and produces red blood cells. Due to an unhealthy lifestyle, the body begins to lower the production of testosterone, which leads to fatigue, weight gain, sleep deprivation and more. Many face this issue, and it can be resolved by taking a few precautions and following a few tips. Here we have covered all the questions, from how to increase testosterone to what to eat to increase their production and more. So keep reading.
Common Causes of Low Testosterone Production
Testosterone production in males begins in males around seven weeks after conception and peaks towards the end of puberty. In general. Testosterone levels decrease in men after the age of 30. However, other factors might also influence its low production. Below, we have listed some other reasons that lead to lowering testosterone levels.
- Weight gain
- Emotional instability
- Low self-confidence
- Decreased hair growth
- Fragile bones
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor nutrition
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Low bone density
Tips – How to Increase Testosterone Level
We have already learned about the aspects that hamper the testosterone level of the body. On the other hand, there are also certain tips that might answer the most searched problem, that is, how to increase testosterone level. Below, we have talked about some basic steps you need to follow which will help the body in testosterone production.
Being consistent with exercise can increase testosterone levels in several ways. First, exercise can help reduce body fat, lowering levels of the hormone estrogen and inhibiting testosterone production. Second, certain types of exercise, such as resistance training and high-intensity interval training, can stimulate testosterone production. Third,testosterone booster exercise can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce inflammation, which can also help increase testosterone levels.
Experiencing stress can cause an increase in the production of cortisol hormone, which can negatively impact testosterone production and contribute to various health issues. Therefore, managing stress is crucial for promoting overall health and maintaining optimal testosterone levels.Taking less stress might be helpful to increase testosterone levels. When stress levels are high, the body releases cortisol, a hormone that can interfere with testosterone production. By reducing stress, cortisol levels decrease, allowing testosterone levels to increase.
Also Read Best Ashwagandha Brand in India
Get adequate sleep
Geting sound sleep can help to increase testosterone levels. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation or poor sleep quality can lead to decreased testosterone levels, while getting adequate and restful sleep can help maintain or increase testosterone levels. However, it is important to note that sleep is just one factor that can influence testosterone levels and other lifestyle factors, such as exercise and diet, also play a role.
Losing weight can help increase testosterone levels in men because excess body fat can lead to increased estrogen levels, which can decrease testosterone levels. By losing weight, men can decrease their estrogen levels and increase their testosterone levels. Additionally, regular exercise and a healthy diet can also help increase testosterone levels.
Incorporate vitamins and supplements into your diet
There are many testosterone supplements out there in the market that might be of help to you in increasing your testosterone levels. We here will discuss a few supplements that work effectively to boost the natural production level of the body.
- Ashwagandha Powder – Research has proven that ashwagandha has shown visible results in nurturing lean muscle mass, providing strength and boosting testosterone levels.
- Zinc – It was noted that men who are zinc deficient showed an increase in testosterone levels after consuming zinc supplements.
- Shilajit Capsule – Consuming shilajit for 90 days has shown an increase in total testosterone levels, followed by a balanced diet.
- Vitamin D – Scientific research indicates that vitamin D consumption is directly linked to boosting overall testosterone levels in the body.
- Testosterone Booster – The supplement, when taken in the correct order, not only helps in increasing testosterone count but also helps in supporting sexual function and strengthening muscles and physical endurance.
- Magnesium – Intake of magnesium supplements increases free and total testosterone in passive and active men. It is also noted men who exercise often have seen an increase in their testosterone production.
Alcohol consumption can suppress testosterone production in several ways. It can affect the testes’ ability to produce testosterone, reduce luteinising hormone (LH) production, increase the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, and increase cortisol production, which can further suppress testosterone. By avoiding alcohol, individuals can potentially help increase their testosterone levels by avoiding these negative effects. However, other lifestyle factors, such as exercise and diet, also play a significant role in testosterone production.
Get 30 minutes of sunlight every day
Getting 30 minutes of sunlight exposure, particularly in the morning, can potentially increase testosterone levels. Sunlight exposure helps the body produce vitamin D, which is a nutrient essential for overall health, including hormone production. Studies have shown that men with vitamin D deficiency tend to have lower testosterone levels. However, the extent to which sunlight exposure can increase testosterone levels depends on several factors, including the individual’s starting vitamin D levels, skin colour, and time of year. It’s always essential to practice safe sun exposure habits and consult a healthcare provider for personalised advice.
Follow a balanced diet
How efficiently will our body work depends solely on the amount of nutrition we take on a daily basis. However, when you are left behind with the question of how to increase testosterone naturally, you must monitor your food habits. Therefore following a balanced diet might be of help in this case. Below we have discussed a few food options which you should consider to increase testosterone levels.
- Increase protein intake in your diet – Protein intake is essential for testosterone production, and consuming a good proportion of protein in your diet supports testosterone levels.
- Consume healthy fats – Consuming healthy fats, such as nuts, seeds, avocados, and fatty fish, can potentially assist in boosting testosterone production.
- Avoid processed food – if you feed on too much-processed food, it might lead to weight gain and insulin resistance, which can negatively impact your testosterone production.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits – green vegetables and fruits are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can help support overall health, including hormone production.
In recent days, health experts have noted a rise in a common issue faced by men is a decrease in testosterone production. These days, due to low nutrition, unhealthy eating practices, and sleep deprivation, people face these issues. This is not a healthy thing for men, and it’s a health issue which can easily be treated by making slight changes in the daily lifestyle. So now you must be wondering how to increase testosterone levels quickly. So the answer to the question is to get adequate sleep, exercise regularly, follow a balanced diet and more. In addition, it will also assist in bettering the overall functionality of the body.