No products in the cart.
Apple cider vinegar is used as a health tonic in the natural health community for thousands of years. There are potential health benefits of consuming it, and some recent studies claim that one can use apple cider vinegar for weight loss as well. This vinegar contains acetic acid that makes it a potential weight loss drink.
Commonly referred to as ACV, this drink is gaining a lot of popularity in India. This low-calorie drink has no fat, carbohydrates, fats, and protein; thus, it can be used in various ways to add flavor and health benefits without adding any extra calories. We will also tell you how it helps in shedding weight without much do. Let’s have a quick look at how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss and its works.
How to Take Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Drinking apple cider vinegar can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Consuming 1-2 tablespoons of ACV along with some exercise and a healthy diet is what you need for getting into shape. As this vinegar is high in acid content, it should never be consumed as it is. There are several ways for how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, which is explained below:
- Dilute 1 tablespoon (15ml) of ACV in about 500ml water. This will not add up to your acid consumption.
- Another healthy way of consuming ACV is to use it as a dressing over salad. It will be great if you add olive oil along with it to get better results.
- Always remember that apple cider vinegar will do good to you only when it is consumed in moderate amount. The recommended dosage of ACV is 15-30 ml a day. Higher consumption can reverse the good effects.
- Do not consume more than one tablespoon at a time, as too much acid in one go can make you feel nausea or can irritate your throat. You can split the dosage into two at different times of the day.
- It has a mellow, fruity flavor that is suitable for pickling the vegetables. A perfect substitute for white vinegar in pickles.
- Expert recommend that you should not have it mixed with honey. However, honey has therapeutic properties, but it contains sugar and a lot of calories which is not good for weight loss.
For better results, you can stick to raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar as that contains protein, enzymes, and healthy bacteria. If consumed regularly, one can start seeing results in three months. It is recommended to consume ACV on an empty stomach, and if you can’t, then have it before the meal to curb your appetite.
Also Read: How to Use Green Coffee for Weight loss?
How Apple Cider Vinegar Work for Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar is made with cut and crushed apples which are combined with yeast to turn it into alcohol, and then a bacteria is added to ferment the alcohol into acetic acid. Acetic acid is the component that reduces belly fat and blocks body fat build-up. Here are some reasons why apple cider vinegar can be your companion in weight loss.
- Suppress Appetite: The acetic acid present in ACV make you feel full for longer hours, putting a stop to unwanted craving. A study has shown that people consuming ACV end up eating 250-275 calories less.
- Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: The vinegar has shown great results in maintaining blood sugar levels and insulin, especially after eating high carbohydrate meals.
- Lower Calories: This low-calorie drink contains only 3 calories in one tablespoon serving that helps in weight-loss. Adding one tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water and having it early morning, can aid in weight loss.
- Reduce Obesity: Acetic acid is known to suppress the accumulation of fat. Consuming it regularly can prevent obesity.
You might like: Healthy Breakfast for Weight Loss
There are various ways for how to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss. One can take it as a supplement or tonic or add it to any food or drink to achieve health benefits. People with a certain health condition or ulcer should consult a doctor before adding apple cider vinegar to their diet.
1. Is it okay to drink apple cider vinegar before bedtime?
It can be consumed any time of the day, and specifically, drinking it at night time would not make much of a difference. The effect will be the same whether you drink it at night or in the morning. However, if you want to consume apple cider vinegar at night, it is advised to do so at least 30 mins before you go to your bed.
2. What will happen if I drink apple cider vinegar every day?
Drinking or consuming ACV every day in any form has many health benefits. The high amount of vitamins and antioxidants present in ACV helps diabetes management and lowers the blood sugar level. It also aids in weight loss and reduces cholesterol when consumed every day.
3. Should I dilute apple cider vinegar with warm water or cold water?
It is advised to dilute ACV to either warm water or room temperature water. You can add 1 tbsp ACV to a glass of water either early in the morning or before going to bed. Many fitness gurus swear by drinking it early morning on an empty stomach.
4. When to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
Drinking 1 tbsp ACV with a glass of water early in the morning on an empty stomach could show the best weight loss results. If you forget to drink it early in the morning, you can drink it few minutes before your mealtime. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegars helps in curbing the appetite and also burns fat.