No products in the cart.
Christmas might be over, but winters are not and kids at home always want something to munch on. So, if you are looking for some homemade snacking ideas, then here it is. Cakes and loaves of bread are ever kid’s best friend, so why not bake something that is delicious and healthy?
Well, Zestful Flavours and Wellcurve have come up together to gift you the healthiest snacking option for your kids’ evening snack. This mixed berry loaf is loaded with berries and all the ingredients are handpicked to make it delicious and healthy at the same time. And guess what? It’s a complete egg-less loaf recipe suitable for the vegans as well. Besides, you don’t have to go outside and find these ingredients from shop to shop. All these ingredients are available in Wellcurve’s healthy store. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start baking!
Mixed Berry Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic flavourless oil- We have used Nutriorg sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup jaggery sugar – Praakritik has one of the best in the market.
- A handful of berries – Berries from Rostaa are best in quality.
- A handful of chopped prunes- Wonderfoods’ prunes are carefully handpicked and sun-dried.
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TSP vinegar
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TSP orange zest
20 to 30 minutes
1. Take the dry ingredients namely flour, baking powder and baking soda one by one and sift them into a bowl.
2. Take a small bowl and mix the milk with vinegar. Keep the milk and vinegar mixture aside for later. Add a handful of the berries and prunes to the dry mixture and mix it well.
3. It’s time to add sugar into the mixture and mix it nicely.
4. Now add the wet ingredients including the oil, curd and the mixture of milk and vinegar you have made beforehand.
5. Fold the mixture gently and add the orange zest followed by the orange juice.
6. Shift the mixture in a mould or greased tin and top it with some berries and prunes if you want.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees till done. Usually, it takes 20 to 30 minutes to bake this loaf. You can put a thin skewer and check if it’s done.
8. Bring it out and set aside to let the loaf cool down. Now sprinkle some powdered sugar on the top if you want and decorate with more berries before slicing and serving.
The loaf looks absolutely stunning and Christmas-y! Now, you don’t have to worry anymore to call your friends and family over for a healthy Christmas delight. You can also check out Zestful Flavours for more such amazing recipes. Happy baking!