Are you looking for a delicious protein powder recipes? Are you tired of drinking protein powder mixed with water? If yes, we have got you covered! Using protein powder in recipes is an easy way to fulfill your daily protein intake and increase your strength. It may sound crazy to cook with protein powder, but you will be amazed by the results because you will have a healthy and finger-licking experience at the end of it. With so many flavors and variants available in the market, now you can make creative dishes using protein powders. Yes, you heard that right! Gone are the days when you had to settle for boring and distasteful protein powder shakes & mixes. Let’s get you cooking on healthy and protein rich recipes that will get you drooling.
Homemade Protein Powder Recipe
1. Protein Powder Pancakes
Pancakes are everybody’s favorite breakfast, isn’t it? Now, what if we tell you that you can eat protein rich pancakes right after your morning workout and avoid the bland protein shake. Interesting right? Let’s see how to prepare them.
- One cup of oats/muesli
- One banana
- Two eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Four tbsp baking powder
- 1/4th tbsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1.5 scoops of whey protein powder
- Mix all the above ingredients and blend them until they’re combined.
- Put a nonstick pan on medium flame and then pour the pancake batter (about 1/2 cup for each pancake). Now add some choco chips and once the edges look cooked and dry, flip the pancake to the other side.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium flame on the other side as well.
- Now take the pancakes out and drizzle a little bit of honey/maple syrup. You can also serve the pancake with fruits for extra crunch and sweetness!
That’s it! A healthy and tasty pancake is ready. This pancake with a twist is a perfect breakfast snack and ideal as a post-workout snack to fulfil your daily protein requirements.
Also Read: Types of Protein Powder
2. Protein Rich Chapati (Roti)
Protein-rich chapati is easy-to-make and one of the best ways to cater to your daily protein requirement. It’s a good option for boosting your family’s protein intake and also for people who hate protein drinks.
- Five scoops wheat flour or atta
- 1/4 th tbsp salt
- One cup water
- Some flour for rolling
- 1 scoop of protein mix for atta
- Sieve the wheat flour and add salt. Mix it, and then add half a cup of water. Stir it and combine it well using your fingers. If it gets too ticky, you may add some more flour.
- Once the dough is combined and soft, add one scoop of protein powder for atta and then knead the dough again.
- Let the dough rest, and then put a disc-shaped skillet or a tawa on a medium flame.
- Divide the entire dough into small dough balls and then roll it with a rolling pin. Sprinkle dry flour so that it doesn’t get sticky.
- Once the chapati is flattened and ready, put it on the skillet and let it cook on each side for 30 seconds.
- Now, hold the chapati by a cooking tong, place it over the open flame to cook well, and puff it up.
Puffed, soft, and fresh protein-rich chapatis are ready for you and your family! The best part is that this chapati tastes the same despite having mixed protein powder. Now no more worrying about your family’s protein intake! Lunchtime sorted.
Note: Use one scoop of protein powder for five scoops of atta.
3. Protein Powder Mug Cake Recipe
Sweet and gooey mug cake that’s filled with protein! We promise you it’s as exciting and delicious as it sounds. Using protein powder to make a mug cake is a genius idea and will satisfy your sugar cravings healthily!
- three tbsp choco chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chocolate-flavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp flour (any flour of your choice)
- 1/6 tbsp baking soda
- One egg
- Add the choco chips into coconut oil in a microwave-safe mug and then heat it till the choco chips melt and combine with the oil.
- Now, add the flour, whey protein powder, baking soda, and water and mix it well.
- Now that a chocolate mixture is formed add an egg to it and then stir well.
- Put the mug in the microwave and set the timer for around 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, insert a skewer to check if the cake is nicely made and then take it out.
- Let the mug cake cool for a couple of minutes and then put some choco-chip on top and enjoy!
Also Read : Benefits of Protein Bars
A tasty and hot chocolate mug cake is ready! It’s great for the kids who go out and play all day long. You can also make a protein powder brownies recipe using the same method. This protein-rich cake will surely make you fall in love with it!
These protein powder recipes are a treat and can be enjoyed by the whole family! Try these creative ways to add protein powder to different meals and recipes and have fun in a healthy way. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fitness lover; protein is everybody’s requirement, and one should include it in a daily diet.