Most of us lead extremely hectic lifestyles these days. We’re rushing from home to work, from work to a party, back home and just dying to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. In between all of this, our food habits tend to go for a toss. We end up skipping meals, munching on junk, binge eating, and whatnot. For such lifestyles, Energy Bars are a boon sent by the god himself.
Energy bars provide instant energy, satiate your taste buds, and at the same time are packed with nutrients that your body needs and flavors that your tongue craves! They’re convenient to eat and are great as a snack to have between meals or before a workout.
Things to consider before buying energy bars online:
- Energy bars are a great healthy snack to have when you’re skipping a meal or looking to satiate those mid-meal hunger pangs. They’re nutritious and help you avoid junk food cravings.
- Though a great snack to have, they should not be replacing your meals too frequently.
- Fruits, vegetables, and nuts not only give you energy, but they provide important nutrients that help you stay healthy. If you have a choice, go natural.
But, it is important to keep in mind that not all energy bars are the same. There are those that are packed with fiber & minerals and are low on sugar, which can be a great nutritious snack to have. But at the same time, there are bars that are loaded with sugar & other syrups, making them no less than just another candy bar.
While choosing a healthy energy bar, keep the following things in mind:
- Avoid bars with syrups listed first in their ingredients, they’re loaded with sugar and you could do better with a chocolate bar!
- If you’re looking for a snack, go for bars loaded with nuts & seeds
- If it’s a meal replacement that you’re after, then go for energy bars that are high in protein, about 10 -20 grams.
- Try to aim for bars with less than 3 grams of saturated fat and at least 4 grams of fiber.
- Look for healthy energy bars that are made of whole grains like oats, wheat flour, corn, etc. Whole grains are usually a good source of carbs and fiber.
Keeping these points in mind, we have picked out a few energy bars online for you, to make your search easier:
- A high energy bar that’s loaded with protein, almonds & chocolate. You can get it here
- Full of dates & seeds, this bar is high on fiber and a great snack to munch on. Get it here.
- Loaded with nutrients, this bar is full of calcium, fiber & magnesium. You couldn’t ask for a healthier snack. Buy it now!
- This delicious vanilla nut bar is your perfect mid meal snack. You can buy this and more such energy bars online, at here.
- With 20 grams of protein, this high energy bar is great for a pre workout snack. You can buy it here.