Herbal tea is very different from an actual tea like green tea, black tea, or oolong tea, which are derived from the leave of tea plant, named Camellia Sinensis. Instead, herbal teas are infused from fruit, herbs, spices, and flowers, and are available in a range of taste and flavors. They are not only good in taste, but different types of herbal tea have different health properties. In fact, our ancestors have used herbal tea to treat various health conditions and support weight loss.
Even science has found some incredible benefits of using herbal tea. Herbal teas are loaded with antioxidant that helps in decrease the harmful effect of free radicals and oxidative stress. They are even known as an immunity booster. As people are also becoming aware of these flavorful teas, they are replacing their regular tea with them. Here is a list of herbal teas that you need to add to your diet and stay healthy.
Types of Herbal Tea and Their Benefits
1. Peppermint Herbal Tea
Drinking peppermint tea can not only provide refreshing taste and aroma, but its calmative properties and other compounds have potential health and beauty benefits. Moreover, it doesn’t contain any calories and is caffeine-free, so you can drink it as much as you want.
- Relaxes your muscles and provides restful sleep.
- Treat digestive problems like gas, bloating, and indigestion.
- Works as a mouth freshener.
- It may relieve menstrual cramps.
- It keeps you energetic throughout the day.
- Relieve tension, headache, and migraine.
2. Ginseng Herbal Tea
Ginseng roots are used to make tea, which is known to have numerous health benefits. Earlier it was only popular in Korea, but slowly people are becoming aware of it. This drink has a strong taste and smell and can act as a relaxing agent for your body. It is one of the best Herbal Tea types for Healthy living.
- Filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fight against tiredness and fatigue.
- Beneficial to controlling blood glucose.
- Improve memory, behaviour, and mood.
- Control hypertension and high blood pressure.
- Brings about a hormonal balance.
3. Hibiscus Herbal Tea
If you like the sweet and tart flavor of cranberries, then you will definitely love hibiscus tea. There are hundreds of species of hibiscus, but mostly Hibiscus sabdariffa is used for hibiscus tea that can be enjoyed both hot and iced.
- Lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Promotes liver health.
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL cholesterol.
- Help fight the bacterial infection.
- Fight against depression.
- Rich source of vitamin C.
You might like: Herbal Tea Benefits
4. Moringa Herbal Tea
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, moringa herbal tea offers nutritious compounds essential for human health. Having flavor similar to green tea, moringa herbal tea is made using moringa leaves, which are now even available as tea powder and tea bags.
- Moringa tea can combat malnutrition.
- Can prevent arsenic poisoning.
- Boost testosterone level, and improve your sex life.
- Reduce insulin resistance and balances blood sugar.
- High insoluble fibers.
Recommended: Vahdam Teas Moringa Matcha Green Tea 50g
5. Chamomile Tea
One of the types of Herbal tea is Chamomile. It is also spelled as camomile, is a popular health drink extracted from the Asteraceae plant family. Full of flavonoids but free from caffeine, chamomile tea can benefit both your health and skin. This soothing drink possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antispasmodic properties.
- Reduce the long-term risk of diabetes.
- Help promote bone density.
- Relieve the symptoms of the common cold.
- Reduce the risk of gastrointestinal problems.
- Boost your skin health.
- Slow down the aging process.
Recommended: TGL Chamomile Tea (15 Tea Bags)
6. Ginger Tea
A sip of ginger tea is enough to beat the cold shivers. Being a rich source of vitamin C, magnesium, and other minerals, ginger tea is used as an herbal remedy for several ailments. This soothing drink blends perfectly with lemon, honey, or peppermint to it.
- Help treat motion sickness symptoms.
- Relives nausea caused by pregnancy, surgery, or morning sickness.
- Alleviate congestion caused by cold.
- Improve blood circulation and heart health.
- Good for muscle and joint problems.
- Helps prevent stomach ulcer.
Also Read: 10 Potential Benefits of Green Coffee
7. Lemongrass Herbal Tea
One of the famous varieties of Herbal tea, lemongrass, is that nothing can be more refreshing and delightful than a steaming hot cup of lemongrass tea. Having a citrusy flavor, it is a powerhouse of vitamins. As it supports digestion, lemongrass herbal tea is usually served after dinner.
Also Read:- Different Variety of Tea
- Contain anxiety-reducing properties.
- Boost metabolism and help in burning more calories.
- Contain essential nutrients for skin and hair.
- Improve oral health and prevent cavities.
- Increase red blood cell count in the body.
- Relieve from bloating by releasing more urine.
8. Echinacea Tea
Particularly popular for treating the common cold, Echinacea tea can do more good to your body. It is mainly known to have anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antioxidant properties, which makes it a super powerful herbal supplement for various health hazards.
- Suppress the cause of acne.
- Can help in treating bronchitis.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Soothes the sore throat.
- Clear up a stuffy nose.
- Promotes healthy cell growth.
9. Rosehip Tea
Made from the fruit of the rose plant, rosehip tea is a good source of vitamin C. It has a floral flavor with a little tart aftertaste that can rejuvenate your senses. It’s not only Vitamin C, but there are other chemical compounds in rosehip tea that are beneficial for a healthy lifestyle.
- Protect against type 2 diabetes.
- Used for diarrhea, constipation, gallstones, and kidney disorder.
- Quench the thirst.
- Increase blood flow in the limbs.
- Protect skin cells against sun damage.
- Prevent stomach irritation and ulcers.
10. Lemon Balm Tea
Lemon balm is a member of the mint family with a lemony flavor. This healthy herb is at for those having insomnia or anxiety issues. The antioxidants present in it are known to fight the herpes virus and can also aid in various health conditions. But be careful that you do not over-consume it for a longer period.
- Improves mood and mental performance.
- Boost elasticity of the arteries.
- Improve cognitive function.
- Relieves feeling of nausea.
- Can be used for treating heart palpitation.
- Slow down an overactive thyroid.
The Bottom Line
Herbal teas are available in different varieties, flavors, and texture. Each types of herbal tea has its own properties, nutritional value, and health benefits. Usually, herbal tea contains zero calories and zero caffeine, and is full of antioxidants that promote health.
If you have never tried an herbal tea, then this is the time to give it a shot. Buy Herbal tea online at best of the ginger tea, moringa tea, green tea price and replace it with your regular tea or coffee and see how it benefits your lifestyle.