Honey is an ancient food sweetener. Surprisingly there are over 300 different types of honey that are extracted from honeybees. Each variety has a different taste & texture. The difference comes as honeybees use many different types of flora to make honey. If you want to know more about different varieties of honey, then this article is perfect for you. Read on!
Types of Honey Name List
Honey is widely available in the market and is a healthy substitute for white sugar. Eating honey has been linked to numerous benefits. Let us learn more about these natural sweeteners in-depth and understand their health benefits.
1. Monofloral Honey
It is made from single plant nectar. Manuka honey is the most popular monofloral honey available in the market. It is commonly produced in New Zealand & Australia. This tasty honey is made from the flowers of the tea tree bush.
Benefits & Nutrition Facts –
- 1 teaspoon of it contains – 8.4g of carbohydrates & 8.2g of sugar
- Hydrogen peroxide present in it makes it a great antibacterial agent.
- It can be effective for treating stomach ulcers.
- It is great for gut and skin health.
2. Acacia Honey
It is a very commonly found variety of honey. It is majorly produced in Europe and America. Furthermore, This sweet-tasting honey is derived from the nectar of Robinia pseudoacacia. It looks light, transparent and is commonly found in liquid.
Benefits & Nutrition
- 1 teaspoon of acacia honey contains – 60 calories and 17g of sugar.
- It can help prevent acne.
- It might aid in faster wound healing.
- High fructose content makes it highly nutritious.
3. Artisanal Honey
This delectable honey is made from the nectar of many different flowers. It tastes addictively sweet & is a healthy, low-calorie option for all of your meal choices. Furthermore, it is unadulterated which makes it a perfect natural sweetener for your dishes.
Benefits & Nutritions
- It can help fight harmful infections.
- It can aid in natural weight loss.
- High potassium content can help maintain fluid balance in the body.
- It can help with colds and throat infections.
Also Read:- Honey Benefits
4. Wild Honey
Wild honey is made in a natural, pesticide-free environment. Honeybees are allowed to roam free in forests and then raw, unadulterated honey is collected by the hands of local people. It is a truly great addition to our list of types of honey that are available in the market.
Benefits & Nutrition Value-
- It can help improve eyesight.
- It can improve heart health.
- It may be a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- It can help with seasonal allergies and throat infections.
5. Burst Honey
Burst honey is usually collected from the natural environment of the Himalayas. The manufacturing process of this honey is completely chemical and preservatives-free. Therefore, you can count on it to be a great organic sugar alternative on our list of types of honey.
- It can give your immunity a healthy boost.
- It can aid with weight loss.
- It can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels in the body.
- This honey is great for heart health.
6. Adivasi Honey
Adivasi honey is directly sourced from the indigenous tribes of Uttarakhand and Jharkhand. Furthermore, each bottle has its unique color and taste as it’s dependent upon the majority of flowers that are in bloom during the harvest. Isn’t it amazing?
- It can help boost your immunity.
- It can help manage high blood sugar.
- It might promote wound healing.
- It is rich in antioxidants, therefore protects the body from cellular damage.
7. Raw Honey
It is a sweet, thick syrup. Raw honey doesn’t contain any preservatives, or taste enhancers nor undergoes any heating or pasteurization. In addition, it is laden with lots of natural plant compounds, which makes it a fantastic entry on the list of types of honey.
Benefits & Nutrition Value –
- 1 tablespoon of it contains – 64 calories and approximately 16g of sugar.
- It can be good for the skin and may help with dandruff.
- Antioxidants present in it can improve heart health.
- It can boost your metabolism.
- It can improve brain health.
Also Read:- Chia Seeds Benefits
8. Eucalyptus Honey
Eucalyptus honey is extracted from eucalyptus trees. The majority of the production of this honey comes from South Africa and Australia. This honey has a herbal flavor and a notable menthol-like aftertaste.
Benefits & Nutrition Value –
- 1 tablespoon contains 60 calories, 17g of sugar, and lots of vitamin C & vitamin B9.
- It can be very beneficial for treating flu and colds.
- It might be fantastic for your immunity.
- It may relieve headaches.
9. Clover Honey
Wherever there is clover growth, you will positively find this delicious honey. It is most commonly manufactured in Canada and New Zealand. This honey has a pleasing sweet taste. You can use it as a healthy salad dressing or as a delectable addition to your sauce.
Benefits & Nutrition –
- 1 tablespoon of it has 65 calories and around 16g of sugar.
- It may be a great antibacterial agent.
- It may improve lung and heart health.
- It might aid in nervous system development.
10. Buckwheat Honey
Buckwheat honey is a nutritious variety of honey. This honey is extracted from buckwheat flowers Furthermore, it has a slightly less sweet taste than different types of honey available in the market. It is easily available and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
Benefits & Nutrition –
- 1 tablespoon of it has 60 calories and around 17g of sugar.
- It can help reduce cholesterol
- It might be a great remedy for coughs and colds.
- It may improve skin health.
Mainly produced in Canada, this delicious honey is notoriously famous for its sweet taste and floral aroma. It is made from blue or purple blossom & is mostly used in baking.
- It can lower cholesterol
- It may have strong antibacterial properties.
- It can help manage low blood sugar
This honey is harvested from lovely sunflowers. It is very sweet & has a delectable floral scent. Sunflower honey just like a sunflower looks bright goldish in its color. What a delight!
- It can be good for the cardiovascular system.
- It might have antibacterial properties.
- It may be very beneficial in the treatment of sinusitis and colds