Use code WCBG200 to get FLAT 200 OFF on orders worth Rs 1,299

Types of Whey Protein:- Different Varieties of Whey Protein Name List

We are sure that by now, you must have heard about whey protein and the different types of whey protein available in the market. But if you haven’t heard of them till now or aren’t sure how they differ from each other, we have your back. In this blog, we will make you aware of the 3 types of whey protein powder and how they differ from each other. This blog will assist you in getting the finest whey protein to meet your health goals.

Types of Whey Protein

The first hurdle people come across while considering whey protein is which form to opt for and which will suit their body. The kind of whey protein powder which you select for your weight training journey plays a crucial role in deciding the muscle growth and the percentage of protein you will get for nurturing the body. When you search for a whey protein list, you will come across 3 types of whey protein that differ. Together let’s figure out which type of whey protein powder will suit your body as per your daily protein requirement.

Different Types of Whey Protein

1. Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)

Whey protein concentrate is the widely used whey protein, as it’s available at a lower rate than many and is the minimally processed one. After the whey protein is extracted from milk, the whey is microfiltered. Thus if the whey protein doesn’t undergo processes like heating, it hampers the natural properties of the whey protein. This makes whey protein concentrate a natural, pure and effective protein powder.

Whey protein concentrate has a comparatively higher percentage of carbohydrates, fat and cholesterol than the remaining types of whey protein powder. This balance perfect nutritional balance makes it the healthiest whey protein powder. The whey powder contains 80% protein; the rest, 20%, is carbohydrates and fat.

2. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)

Isolate protein powder goes through additional processing like “crossflow microfiltration.” This process lowers the carbohydrate and fat content of the whey protein. Thus due to the reduced carbohydrate and fat content, this type of whey protein powder is right for lactose-sensitive and diet-conscious people.

Also Read:- Health Benefits of Whey Protein

Whey protein isolate’s protein content is why many athletes and fitness enthusiasts choose whey protein isolate as their first choice. It carries about 90% protein which delivers a pure and good protein quotient to your body.

3. Whey Protein Hydrolystate (WPH)

This whey protein is processed through the process of hydrolysis. During this process, the peptide bonds and proteins are broken down with the help of enzymes and acids to make amino acids, which makes the absorption process quicker than the other kinds of whey protein.

Also Read:- Best Way to Use Protein Powder

Whey protein hydrolystate is the best type of whey protein powder as it comes into action by working on muscle faster than the other two whey protein powders. A recent study noted that whey protein repairs the muscle faster than the rest of whey protein powder. This indicates how good it is in speeding up the muscle recovery process caused due to intensive exercise.

Also Read:- Side Effects of Whey Protein


Whey protein powder plays a significant role in naturally levelling up the body’s protein level if added to the diet. It is crucial for your muscles as it contributes to muscle growth, repair and maintenance. This Protein not only plays a key role in weight training, gym and sports, but it also has much more to offer than that. Whey protein aids weight loss, keeps blood pressure in check, lowers inflammation, and continues. So whey protein is the best for the job if you search for a protein companion for your muscles. It is available at every range. Go for as per your preference and give your body a protein boost.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wellcurve Blog